Friday, May 2, 2014

The Addict's Round Table

Ok, a silly mini post here. Terrible artwork ahead! You have been warned.

This morning Ben from Let Him Heal Your Heart made a great post about excuses. In it, he made a comment about...well, let me quote it: "There’s the specific [excuses], and then there’s the vague ones (and boy do we love vague! Vagueness is one of the knights that sits at the addict’s round table)."

Not only do I really agree with the comment, but I also loved the imagery. It got me wondering, what other knights would be at the addict's round table? Here's what I came up with in a break (in which I probably would have been wasting time doing something less active, so thanks again, Ben):



Sorry for the small size...it was either that or way too big.

Here's some commentary about the knights (from left to right), since I'm self conscious about my artwork and I think some of my reasoning behind it might not be clear. I have reasoning behind why I chose each of them, but I don't really want to make a full post about it, so here are pretty limited comments:

Sir Forgetful (Probably should have been "Sir Slacker"): I wasn't satisfied with his jaw, so I changed it. Then he looked like he had a bloody neck, so I gave him a beard. He's asleep, not dead, I promise!
Sir Vagueness: I know there weren't hoodies in medieval times...but he looked like an ewok or a creepy monk in just a robe. Also, I kind of like the idea of him being too laid-back.
Sir Defensiveness: I wanted him to be ridiculously pointy and barbed, to the point where it probably hurts himself.
Sir Recovery: This might be taking this a bit too far, but I thought it would be funny if there was a Sir Recovery, who was bigger, stronger, and more capable than any of the other knights; BUT, he wouldn't be clamoring to help like the other knights. It seems like recovery is the only sure way to take care of the communication/lust problems, but you have to go to it...past other methods that are more willing to volunteer.
Sir Pitiful: That's a blanket that he has wrapped around him.
Sir Acerbic: I couldn't think of a better name (anyone help?), but I wanted him to be vicious and grouchy looking. That's how I feel sometime.
Sir Procrastinate: I don't know if it makes sense that he's not even there...but whatever.

Also, the "Who shall I send to take care of my problem" text is from the addict.

1 comment:

  1. Haha I love it! I've been thinking since last night that I should fill the rest of the round table, but you did a great job here :)

    ReplyDelete